If the weather is inclement on the day of your flight (with no signs of improvement forecasted), the flight may be re-scheduled at a time that is mutually convenient. If you are unable to fly at any other time (i.e. You are leaving Sydney the next day), then no fees are payable by you. The call on the weather is at the absolute discretion of your pilot. We do not depart in heavy rain/poor visibility or when thunderstorms are in the area of flight. Your safety is our number one priority.
On occasion, delays can occur for reasons beyond our control (i.e. passing storm / operational considerations). On these occasions the company may exercise a “60-minute wait window”. This means that we will reserve the right to make a decision to fly for up to 60 minutes, in this time period the original booking and all our terms & conditions still stand (please allow for this contingency with your schedule). Unless agreed prior, at no stage is the company financially responsible for how passengers arrive or depart (by land based transport) to or from our base. In case of operational issues, it is advisable for passengers to provide a contact phone number so we can endeavour to make contact if required.
If after a helicopter tour or charter (e.g. Blue Mountains or Hunter Valley) has commenced from our home base at Sydney Airport the weather becomes inclement or is forecasted to later in the day (i.e. thunderstorms/hail), then the pilot may elect to return to Sydney early or relocate the aircraft.
The option may be given to the passengers to either return early with the pilot or to return to Sydney by ground based transport (e.g. company or chauffeured car) at the original return time. This expense will be covered by Blue Sky Helicopters, however no refunds or credit for flights will be given. The company will also not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred as a result of any delays, cancelations or alterations arising from this clause either.